Britannia successfully completes important infrastructure scheme in Gloucester City Centre for new bus station.
Britannia were employed as Principal Contractor by Gloucester City Council to improve the infrastructure associated with the construction of the new bus station in the centre of Gloucester. The scope of works comprised the management of utility providers so that their services could be diverted out the way of the new building, upgrading of traffic signalling in the area and the remodelling and resurfacing of the surrounding roads.
The scheme was completed to the 11 month programme, and was successfully managed by our site team who ensured that disruption was minimised. To achieve this, the team developed and maintained great stakeholder relationships by communicating our operational plans to all the interested parties openly and proactively. Other highlights of this scheme included:
- The completion of seven separate full road closures with successful traffic management.
- The completion of utilities earlier than expected enabling the neighbouring bus station construction to begin.
- Meeting with local businesses prior to the work starting, understanding their concerns and working with them to minimise the impact of our works on them.
- Working with various third party companies to ensure that they were able to carry-out their work at the same time as ours on a congested city centre site.
- The incorporation of a number of design changes and reducing their impact on our programme.
We obtained the following feedback from a scheme stakeholder regarding the scheme:
“I wanted to pass on my thanks for an excellent job at Gloucester Transport Hub, work has been completed to a high quality, stakeholders have been kept well informed throughout and the works have caused little in the way of disruption. This has been supported by the good feedback provided by Stagecoach on the positive engagement with Steve Daniels throughout, well done all on a very professional job.
I look forward to any remaining works being completed to the same high standard and working with you again on future projects.”
Alan Bullock | Senior Engineer
Gloucestershire County Council
Our involvement with this scheme and our site team’s approach to undertaking the works has created a successful project outcome that forms part of the wider regeneration scheme of the Kings Quarter Bus Hub.